Friday, September 26, 2008

View of a Shadow Knit Scarf

Shadow knitting is an uncomplicated delightful process and I found the color and design change most intriguing. Last Saturday I took a class on Shadow knitting...plain and simply put...Just Fun!

This scarf is knit in two identical halves and knit together at the back using the kitchener stitch. I absolutely could not put this project down and finished this first half in two days. My piece will only be knit to 50 inches...I mean who wants a purple heart hanging at hip and butt area???
At this point, I have my eye on a scarf and tam set from Vivian Hoxbro's book, Shadow Knitting. The set is knit with a dark solid color and Noro!

1 comment:

Andulka said...

Hi,

that looks great! I'm currently starting the Piano or Counterpoint scarf and I want to make it two-sided like yours, since I don't like the look of the reverse side. After all it's a scarf which will flap about in the wind and so on, so the reverse side will be visible sometimes. Did you knit two separate halves and then join them with the kitchener stitch on the reverse side, or just one long piece then folded in two halves?