Tuesday, November 18, 2008

the sleeves

Several of you asked about my Kimono sleeves, you know questions like how were they set in, did I add or modify the sleeve length and what color design was used on the lower sleeve??
Well, I always heard a picture is worth a thousand words and that may be the case in many situations, but when the pictures are from my household, it would certainly be questionable! I think such is the case with these meager shots. The oatmeal and white tones were not my friend while attempting to show Ms. Kimono's sleeve detail. Oh well................ As I was a Kimono virgin, I found it most interesting how the back and fronts become part of the sleeve. (Guess construction is similar for all Kimonos...huh??) Anyhow, I knew early into this knit I wanted to take advantage of the lower set in sleeve to add a little interest and thus came the white, oatmeal, white stripe. AND I love it!
I knit this piece per the pattern to a tee with no modifications. The sleeves are quite long, but when knit with the alpaca, I simply turn up the crochet trim and amazingly they stay right in place.

2 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

such a gorgeous knit.
it looks lovely on you.
thanks for the info!

Virtuous said...

Came out great!! I've wanting to do a kimono for awhile now!