Tuesday, July 20, 2010

simple daisy and of course some knitting

Simple Daisy! These just may be my favorite flowers. They are sweet in the garden and fabulous when cut and showcased in a simple little jar to enjoy inside for days on end. Of course, I have to ask the gardener before any major cuttings take place!Hey check out my latest knit!

The Curlicue Coverlet is finished, blocked and waiting for some caressing come this fall and winter. As is always the case, the Noro colors are spectacular and made for a quick, interesting and fun process. You will find all the details of this piece on Rav or in my earlier blog post. One might ask, "when is a good time to start a new throw or coverlet"? Hey, it must be when a coverlet is finished. Well, that's exactly what I did.....this is my Seaside Throw from Debbie Bliss' book, HOME. My throw is knit with Sublime Organic Cotton in the colorway Vanilla and the color is a true simple vanilla shade! YUM!

This is a pattern that will take a while to knit up on #6 needles. I mean 15 balls of cotton and all that lace, cables, bobbles and OMG....all those seed stitches! I'm already rather pleased with the clarity the cotton yarn gives the stitch detail.

No comments: