Sunday, November 14, 2010

the eternity scarf

This scarf is really an exaggerated cowl. It's knit in the round with three different stitch patterns; the cartridge rib, the cartridge horizontal rib and the last pattern consisting of the simple stockinette stitch. What an unbelievably fun knit! My cowl is knit in a deep deep green/black fiber and long enough to double it up or simply drape it around my shoulders over a jacket or coat! For sure this is a fine addition to my fall and winter wardrobe.
The positives of the Rowan - Lima are numerous! It is soft and a perfect match for this pattern and is in part responsible for that heavenly drape. So much so, I purchased 3 more balls for yet another Eternity Scarf in a brownish/gray.
The Skinny

Pattern: The Eternity Scarf

Designer: Michele Wang

Yarn: Rowan - Lima

fiber: 84% baby alpaca, 8% merino wool, 8% nylon

Amount: 3 balls/ 150 grams

Color: 881 - Rich Deep Green/Black

Needle Size: #9

3 comments:

marilyn said...

maybe it is a silly question, but where can I find the pattern of "the eternity scarf?

marilyn said...

maybe it is a silly question, but where can I find the pattern of "the eternity scarf"?

Knitting Diva said...

I ordered the pattern on line. It is by Michele Wang. You could also order it from her thru Ravelry.