Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chic - Super Cupcake

This set was just finished this week and I have already worn it several times. The cap is fabulous, the cowl is perfect and the Malabrigo yarn is simply yummy. Both pieces were knit per the pattern with two exceptions. I went down one needle size for a slightly snugger head band fit and I chose to knit the cowl with a cast on of 200 stitches and knit to the full 8 3/4" per pattern. These changes suited me to a tee!
Seems about all my knitting friends have knit this hat and I think they should certainly knit the matching cowl, what a wonderful cozy piece when doubled around the neck. Do you see the bit of color variation? Before the knitting process was complete I was beginning to question my color selection (thought it to be perhaps a tad drab for my style), but was I wrong! I love the taupe/brown with a touch of blue here and there.
The Gardener took these shots at my favorite location these days...the new rock wall! You will probably see lots more knitting projects in front of this wall.
The skinny:
Pattern: Chic, Super Cupcake

Yarn: Malabrigo - Worsted

Color: 69 Pearl Ten

Amount: 3 skeins

Needle Size: 6 & 7

I give this pattern and yarn combination a "Thumbs Up"!

No comments: