Sunday, January 9, 2011

Akimbo Shawl

This triangular shawl is a Stephen West design that is knit from the neck edge with easy garter stitch that finishes with a chevron pattern. The chevron section of contrasting color adds a burst of visual interest and makes for a bit of final excitement! I used a skein of Madelinetosh sock yarn (color #7154-Kale) and one skein of ShiBui sock yarn (#3601) on US #6 needles. While I really prefer to knit and wear a larger shawl, I find times they simply aren't practical in the same way a smaller scarf might be. Smaller scarfs are just the thing when conducting everyday life both at and outside the office. Not only are they easy to wear, but they add a great "pop" of color to any outfit.A lovely knit! After a few small projects I'm looking forward to my next LARGE knit! It's seriously a secret gift and All plans are in the works. Heck.... I can tell you guys 'cause it's for Mom and she doesn't read my blog. She has done everything but purchase yarn, place it in my lap with a note telling me it wants to be a throw for her. So I have finally found The Perfect One just for her! This one will be on the needles within the week!!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love the edging on the shawl, almost looks like it's not there because of the same color of your sweater, if you know what I mean. Looks lovely.

Butterfly Works said...

This is beautiful.......You are such an inspiration to all of us who knit......