Thursday, September 12, 2013

what I'm up to now

It was time for a knitted sweater unlike stockinette or plain old garter; so now I find myself in the middle of lots of texture and I Likkie!  Today I completed the back of my Longboard Pullover.  Now on to the front, which is a duplicate of the back (another thing I likkie). Once the two pieces are sewn together it is finished with a cute Cowl neck with a Drawstring made of crocheted chains that runs thru an eyelet round at the base of the Cowl. 
 I have completed a couple pairs of socks in the last couple of months and here are a couple of pics of socks I have on the needles now.  I love them sooo much! The pattern Tadpoles, is a freebie that shouldn't be passed up.
 The yarn is a Merino, Cashmere and Nylon blend that is major lovable.  Look at the pretty little specks of pink here and there!!
 
 KD's Kitchen Karma

This afternoon I dug deep into my recipes and found this old, tried and proved Oatmeal Cookie recipe. It is actually the recipe on the inside lid of the Quaker Oaks Can and results in 4 dozen chewy on the inside while crisp on the outside delicious cookies. 

 I added white raisins and chopped pecans for a bold and filling sweet delight.  Sometimes it's just hard to improve on an old standby.

A few months ago I pulled my box of Quaker Oaks from the pantry to cook up a pan of breakfast oatmeal.  When I sat MR. QUAKER OAKS on my counter I was shocked to see how young he was looking to me now!!!  OMG...that's when I realized I must be slightly Maturing (and When did that happen?).  As a little person and young lady I remember wondering why they had that OLD WHITE HEADED MAN on the box!

Now days when I reach for that same oatmeal can I find myself thinking, " Man, Mr. Quaker Oaks is looking Good today"!  Again, sometimes it's just hard to improve on an old standby!
   
 Check out my new Cookie Jar.  I picked this up while doing a little TJ Maxx cruising last week! I had been looking for a new cookie jar and couldn't find one that was both practical and easy on the eyes. It is a large jar, 13" tall and 26" around with a heavy duty rubber gasket in the lid to keep cookies fresh for days. This jar Rocks and for $12.98, I think it was a steal deal.
Wishing you a day filled with many Blessings and take comfort when you recognize an old standby in your life!
 
Hugs and Purls!
Dawn
 

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Love the sweater you are making and the color is great. i had to chuckle about your Observations about Mr Quaker Oats, very amusing.
Hugs,
Meredith

Kristen Rettig said...

I love your socks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dbshade said...

Those cookies looked pretty good! I can't "afford" to have cookies around because I will binge eat them! I made some favorite oatmeal/raisin cookies several months ago and put them in the freezer -- that was pretty safe. That way, I could sort of contain my consumption! Fannie Farmer Cookbook is where I got my recipe -- it's called Cape Cod Oatmeal Cookies. I hear ya on the Quaker guy! ;-)