Sunday, June 6, 2010

a shawl that knocked me off my feet

Look at my latest knit in it's raw state. There is only one more row or 7 fans to the finish line on this one. Look closely to see the ends to yet be worked in. I normally sew the ends in at the completion of each shell, guess I was too excited to start the next fan on row 6. The pattern must have really knocked me off my feet as I purchased the Berroco Lumina & Seduce booklet, #272 last summer from Knit Picky to knit the Swing Shawl. I even purchased the Lumina yarn suggested for the project.

Well anyhoo.....while on a beach trip a couple of weeks ago with friends, I saw the same shawl on display knit in Louet, Euroflex and Blue Ridge Linen. It was love at first sight (or maybe second sight) and I immediately picked up the bookleet (again) and linen in the color of my choice. After some thought, I realized I had the exact booklet and the Lumina yarn at home. Nothing lost as I gave my extra booklet to a knitting friend, Joyce, and my Lumina will be knit to good use one day as another Swing Shawl or something else equally Fabulous!

See the pretty little fans as they hang off the fence? SO LOVED!
Next week-end should see this piece complete! As with my Sasha Skirt, this linen piece will be tossed in the washer and dryer and blocked as necessary.

This pattern is a skill level: EASY with a process level: FUN! The Skinny:
Pattern: Swing Shawl, Berroco Lumina & Seduce Booklet #272
Fiber: Louet Euroflax, #2 fine sport weight
Amount: 2 skeins
Color: Terra Cotta
Fiber: Blue Ridge Yarns, Luxury Linen
Amount: 1 skein
Color: 035

Needle size: #6 (as usual when knitting linen I went down 2 sizes to meet gauge)

Check back next week-end for shots of my finished shawl.

No comments: