Friday, June 6, 2008

100th Post - Putting Myself "Out There"

OMG! Unbelievable my 100th post is in the works! Knitting on Cloud IX was born in August, 2007 and is an avenue I take to share my passion and enthusiasm for knitting.

It is seldom I share personal thoughts or information about "Me" with you, so why not let my 100th post be a time to put myself out there.

My real name is not Knitting Diva, my real name is Dawn. I was born in North Carolina and raised with my twin brother
at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia.











I live only 1 hour from my family
but still miss seeing them 7 days a week. My Dad passed away in December, 2005 and I grieve for him daily; I miss sitting on his lap (yes, I still sat on his lap at times) and leaving red lipstick kisses on his cheek.

My DH is retired...now let me be very clear right here, right now, once and for all, I love the many benefits that come from dwelling with a retired spouse! I continue to work full-time as a Human Resources Manager for a Manufacturing Company. My mother-in-law (a dear one) has lived with us for 15 years.

We all can think of things we would change in our life and my list is a long one. But the one thing I am proud to say I would Never change in my life is the years I spent as a stay-at-home Mom with my one son. Those were precious years!
Now....20 Things I Can't Imagine Myself Ever Doing.
(In no particular order)

1. Not wanting what is best for my son.
2. Grumble about the change of seasons.
3. Forgetting 911.
4. Miss a month reconciling my check book.
5. Stop loving the scent of fresh bed linens.
6. Eating Sardines...UGH!
7. Miss an every other day chat with Mom.
8. Smoking. (quit that nasty habit years ago).
9. Vacuuming my house every day.
10. Stop believing in God.
11. Crawling under a bed.
12. Taking my friends for granted.
13 Giving up chocolate.
14. Losing interest in knitting.
15. Being without a dog.
16. Stop learning from my mistakes.
17. Not dreaming of a Hawaiian vacation. (unless I actually get to go one day).
18. Stop loving myself.
19. Forgetting where I come from.
20. Giving up on a family member.

Learning about you through your blogs and reading of the highs and lows of your life/knitting ventures have brought me much enjoyment during the last couple of years. I appreciate your every comment and I am most grateful for every friend I have made in the world of blogging.

Cheers to you all!
Dawn

1 comment:

emmajean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.