Friday, January 29, 2010

Blanket Yum Yum

Meet my completed Log Cabin ! This is a warm, cozy, large (56" x 66" when measured flat) blanket that I love far more than I ever expected. Now when I say "cozy" I mean this Ultra Alpaca Log Cabin piece is literally the coziest thing EVER! Softness beyond belief. If you could only touch it you would truly understand what the raving is all about. And that's not all, it is fluid and large enough to be used as a blanket for two.
Nine colors of Berroco Ultra Alpaca make up this blanket. Wish I could share the number of skeins used in the piece with you, but with the numerous trips to my LYS for more yarn, I just lost count of the skeins purchased. But, I can share my color selections of 6204-Taupe, 6203-camel, 6279-Dark Brown Heather, 6246-Dark Turquoise, 6294-Light taupe, 6293-Wine & Brown Heather, 6201-White,6208-Off White and 6289- Grey.
The enjoyment of this knit has resulted in the beginning of yet a second large blanket, The Barn Raising Blanket from the book, Knitalong. This blanket will be knit in colors of the rainbow using stash sock yarns. My first 7" x 7" square knit in shades of red and orange has been completed and was too much fun....this should make for a colorful and happy 2010! Can't wait to share pics of this project real soon.

No comments: