Saturday, May 23, 2009

Finally

Much of my knitting in the last couple of weeks has been in vain.

I started this and decided after the completion of two sleeves I wasn't happy with my yarn selection for the piece. The project is back in it's storage box awaiting a frogging party.

It was then on to yet another new venture. I was enjoying this knit, things were moving right along (I was actually close to finishing the entire front) when I found myself both concerned and irritated with obvious sizing issues. What a disappointment! Needless to say, the vest is back in it's storage box ready to join the Big frogging party with the Ruffled Jacket!

With the past behind me I felt I was ready to forge ahead. I now have Fiber Trends' Aspen Leaf Wrap on the needles. So far...So good! The project is far enough along to have proved itself as "completion worthy". Finally I'm happy with how a knit is working out.

My Aspen Leaf Wrap is knit with The Unique Sheep's Sushi Sock yarn (Insecta-Gradiance, colors #1, #2, #3,#4,#5 and #6). What a sweet yarn to knit!! The fingering weight fiber is 60% Merino/30% Bamboo/10% Nylon. My wrap will be knit with gradual shading in tones from purple/blue/green/and ending in gold.

This is the first part of the wrap in purple.

Look at the actual colors yet to come.

See a close up of the next five colors.

Tonight I started on the next color purple/blue and loving the gradual muted change. I love the way these colors are blending...What Fun!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your Gradiance set. I can't wait to see more photos as your shawl grows!

GoldenTracks said...

Can't wait to see the finished product! Those colors are gorgeous.