Saturday, June 27, 2009

a day in the life of a mom, daughter & textured shawl

Today was one of those wonderful days that you want to re-live again real soon. Time spent with Mom is always good, but today we both were in an especially light and jolly mood while sharing many of our favorite "Daddy Stories" and family secrets of the past.

We decided to head North to have breakfast at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Yum-Yum! We split plates of Sweet Potato Pancakes, Virginia Country Ham (I know, I know---but it was a Special Saturday), Eggs, their famous Blackberry Preserves and of course, Biscuits! Folks come from near and far just to enjoy a meal on the back porch of this quaint little restaurant.

The rhododendrons were in full bloom and the surrounding landscaping never looked more beautiful to me. Mabry Mill is a nearly century old gristmill that has been seen on countless calendars and postcards and in my opinion is the most picturesque spot on the entire Blue Ridge Parkway.

Mom and I pose for a shot in front of the Awesome Mill! Don't we look Happy?? I told you so! Of course I had to wear my Textured Shawl and LOVIN' IT!After a full day in Virginia, it was nice to relax in my garden with a good book (I Capture the Castle) and a glass of wine. Don't you adore my new cotton quilt (purchased at the Mabry Mill gift shop), the ruffles sewn around every square are way too sweet! Of course all this relaxation included my new cotton Textured Shawl....who cares if it was 80 degrees...nothing will mess up my perfect day !

No comments: