Tuesday, November 23, 2010

there has been knitting..........and

look what's on the needles in my knitting bag! On the right is a major project, Ametista! This is a jacket knit with Berroco - Blackstone Tweed in a Teal colorway. Actually the knitting is complete and I'm ready to begin stitching the skirt to the bodice! *Giggle*Giggle* Lot's of knitting required for Ametista and now my every breathe is held in hopes for a perfect fit once sewn. Due to the fullness and weight of the knit, I knew I wanted a close fit on this one and chose a size 34....I envision this long jacket worn with tights and boots.

This pattern calls for two buttons that strike (I think) in a quite strange position right across the chest! Soooo, I decided to have only one large button and use a ribbon tie on the underneath wrap that will be tied to a ribbon that is sewn into the side seam. Check out my mother of pearl button, this is seriously a special button! Now on the knit you see on the left of my bag, Akimbo by Stephen West. Akimbo is a triangular shawl, knit in easy garter stitch and finishing with a chevron pattern. The chevron section creates a scalloped border with a crisp edge knit with a contrasting color.

I can hardly wait to begin the scalloped edging and see the seafoam blue/green ShiBui Sock Yarn with the rich mocha tones of the Madelinetosh Sock Yarn. You'll be seeing more on this project soon.

No comments: