Sunday, January 9, 2011

mittens for a bulky scarf

Told you I was looking for a companion for my Bulky Eternity Scarf and here is the companion....... After looking at many options, I settled on a pair of Iro Mitts by Haley Waxberg and they give reason for some serious happiness!! Now let's talk about warmth. It's in the lower 30s here today and I found myself quite toasty with a cashmere sweater, my new bulky scarf and (matchy.matchy) Iro mittens.
Both of these pieces were quick, easy and tons of fun. What a wonderful gift set for someone special in your life.
About 3/4 of a skein of Noro - Kogarashi was used for the mittens and knit on US #5 needles. Of course I knit my pair using the magic loop and they flew **Giggle Giggle** off the needles. Once in a while isn't it nice to simply knit and wear....I mean "No Blocking Needed", and that's exactly what I did.
Don't wait.....you should whip out this set for yourself or a loved one.

No comments: