Sunday, April 3, 2011

the silly and the serious

The Silly............ if you are looking for a seriously quick (like less than 3 hours)knit and think you could handle a purely fun knit, then the Katia/Triana scarf could be just what you're looking for.............. I wore it today and found it to be a fun and light hearted accessory! I thought I might feel a little clown-like, but not at all! The construction of this 100% acrylic mesh is most unusal. The needle is inserted in a hole at the edge of the mesh with one stitch knitted in each hole! AND like magic, you have a very powerful ruffled scarf. Katia provided so many pretty color combinations it was difficult to pick just one, but I finally selected #46 and adore the purples and black combo. Needle size is really not important in this project and I chose US #13 straight bamboo needles. The Serious..... remember my blue starry Pamuya? Remember how I said there would be another Pamuya in my future? Well here is my second Pamuya Shawl. I selected Noro Silk Garden sock yarn, colorway #S269 for this one! With 2 full skeins of Silk Garden, this will be a full size shawl that is considerably larger than my Starry one. I just love this pattern and the entire process for this piece........
The natural tones of this colorway are yummy and the color runs suit this pattern to perfection! I can hardly wait to finish and block this little p.r.e.t.t.y.! For sure it will be a lovely piece.

1 comment:

LeslieW said...

Love all your work and your photo of the Traina inspired me to try one myself. Can you tell me how you bound it off? I'm not see that in the instructions. Thanks.