It feels like forever since I've
knitted finished a sweater and it feels Good!
KD'S Kitchen Karma
I have an infatuation with all things Fall so it's only natural that the Annual Local Fair excites me. Doesn't matter if I get to attend or not, I get a rush seeing it on the news, seeing pictures of friends on Facebook with their kids or reading of the festivities in the local newspaper (yes, the Gardener still has his daily ritual of reading and actually holding the news in black and white print)!
Every year there is a section in newspaper showing the recipes of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for baked good. Of course I'm all Over That and normally bake at least one of the winning recipes.
This year I baked the 1st place winning cookie:
Kahlua Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter-flavored shortening 11/2 teas baking powder
1/2 cup sugar 2 eggs
1 cup dark brown sugar 1 Tbls Mocha Kahlua liqueur
21/4 cups cake flour 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon salt 3/4 cup crushed Heath Bars
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and Kahlua (in an electric mixer) until light and fluffy.
3. Sift together cake flour, salt and baking powder; set aside.
4. Add the eggs one at a time to the creamed mixture; increase mixing speed until well mixed. Slowly add the dry ingredients (on low speed) and combine well. Stir in the chocolate chips and Heath Bars. Cover and chill the dough 24 hours to allow the ingredients to blend.
5. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop large scoops (about the size of a golf ball) onto lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake 11 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Rotate the baking sheet after 5 minutes for even browning.
7. Cool and store in an airtight container.
It is easy to understand how this cookie won The Blue Ribbon! It is a chewy, delightful cookie that will be baked at my house again! The recipe resulted in 4 dozen Fabulous Cookies!
(those shiny flakes are the melted Heath Bar pieces...........BE STILL my Heart)
Wishing you a day filled with many Blessings and hope you enjoy everything that is Fall-Like in your life!
Hugs and Purls!