Monday, February 16, 2009

a fair isle beret

This beret was impossible to put down. The knit was started Friday afternoon and finished Sunday night. I absolutely could not keep my fingers off the piece! Selbu Modern is All 10s in my book, especially for it's traditional motif mixed with a modern and fun color combination. Selbu Modern is a pattern that will suit any first time fair isle knitter.
I wanted to use 100% traditional Shetland wool for my Beret and chose Jamieson's
Shetland Spindrift in colors, #999/Black and #610 Purple. I love this yarn and think I simply must do another Tam using several colorways (what fun)! My wool order was placed with Dancing Ewe Yarns & Teas in Ellensburg, WA and was quite a deal with no tax and no freight charges. I was delighted with the service and speedy delivery from this vendor.

These pics were made this evening BEFORE blocking! And I already LOOOOVE it!I'm off now to find a 10" plate for blocking!


1 comment:

GoldenTracks said...

The beret is so pretty. Hard to believe it went that fast! I thought Fair Isle was much harder than that. Maybe I'll try it one of these days. Love the color.Good job.