Saturday, August 15, 2009

look see Lemana

Happy Saturday! I am most excited to share a shoot of my finished Lemana. All shots were taken while visiting the quaint Moravian Settlement at Old Salem and the campus of Salem College.
I am pleasantly pleased with the final results of Lemana. This is yet another knit to enjoy during those hot and warm days of summer for both work and fun.
This piece will be worn loose as shown and also worn with a loose low belt (I think it really looks cool when belted). During this knit, there were major doubts about this project as the pattern was looking quite peculiar to me....the length of the fronts were different and the back did not match the front sides; and oh....... that looooong right front, the weightiness of the fiber when knit in the pattern stitch, and how could a light small 1" button sewn at the left front neck edge effectively hold that loooooong right front? Once sewn together, I am happy with the results, but couldn't get that 1" button to cooperate with the heavy right side. If you follow my Blog and look at my projects on Ravelry, you know this is my 5th summer wrap or sweater finished this Spring and Summer. I feel like a summer knitting robot and seriously can tell you I love each and every one of them. No seriously, I do!

Project: Lemana
Pattern: Berroco Linen Jeans, Book #270
Size: Small
Started: 07- 19-2009
Finished: 08-14-2009
Yarn: Berroco, Linen Jeans (70% Rayon/30% Linen)
Yarn Amt: 11 Skeins
Needles: #7
It's a Wrap.......The scallops around the bottom are divine and I adore the back shaping. I am so pleased I didn't give up on this project mid-stream...trust me, with the depth of my doubts that was a real consideration.

Several of you have ask who is the photographer behind the camera for my pictures. That would be my DH! Some takes turn out nicely, while some are so..so, but I always appreciate his patience and willingness to document my work. Thank you, my Dear One!

3 comments:

Renee said...

It's lovely! Super colour too. :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! And your photographs present it perfectly!

Denise said...

This looks fabulous on you. I love the style of it, how it drapes, and the color is very sophisticated.
Thanks for adding me as a friend on Ravelry... I added you :-)