Wednesday, October 21, 2009

fall and a log cabin blanket

Fall has come.

October is here.

The local fair has come and gone.

The maples are at their showiest.

The leaves are in waiting for a long slow rain before exposing their branches.

Hey, any knitter knows these are signs to start some serious fall and winter knitting. So brings me to my latest WIP - The Log Cabin Blanket. My pattern selection was designed by Kay Gardner and Ann Shayne from Mason Dixon Knitting.

As my fingers are in constant Log Cabin motion these days, I have come to a comforting realization...there is no pressure, no questioning my size selection, not a grain of worry if my color choice works with my (pink) skin tone, and no doubting my fiber selection...you see, I know this project WILL FIT! One size fits all type thing. Let this sound unusual if you may, but I'm finding this realization to make for an awesome, easy and stress-free project.

Here I am in my Log Cabin Motion.
Upon review of 750 Log Cabin blankets in Ravelry, I discovered that a blanket knit in individual blocks was the design that suited me best. So, I'm enthusiastically churning out a square every two days with no brain input.
My LC is knit with nine different colorways of glorious Berroco Ultra Alpaca on #7 needles. I wanted a blanket that had a modern and sleek flair and chose shades of whites, browns and turquoise with a dark grey border. The colors used are: 6208, 6279, 6293, 6204, 6246, 6201, 6203, 6294, and 6289.

This blanket will be pieced with four squares width-wise and five squares in length and connected with a dark grey two inch wide panel of garter stitch while the outside border will be finished with the same dark grey two inch wide panel. The piece should measure about 54" x 72".
A blanket that rocks!

5 comments:

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I love your colour choices.

Karen said...

Looks so cozy! Good to see you tonight :)

Unknown said...

That is going to be so pretty when you get it done. And I love the mindless knitting, too!

Emilee said...

Ooh I love those colors together!

Anonymous said...

In order to save battery life on your iPhone, utilize this secret. When unlocking your telephone, include the spot just above the earpiece. This will likely prohibit the sensor that finds how dazzling the space is, which tips the telephone into trusting your happen to be in a darker room. If the screen abilities on, it will likely be significantly less brilliant, utilizing much less energy. [url=http://www.x21w12w21.info]Vi7765ity[/url]