Sunday, August 28, 2011

clue # 2 and how 'bout a muffin

In a prior post I mentioned my new mystery project,
Through the Looking Glass Shawl
and here it is......

The shape of this shawl is a lovely Farosese, with a central lace spine and two wings and provides directions for nupps or seed beads or Both.  I haven't decided if I want to deal with those nupps or just eliminate them altogether and stick with only beads.  That decision needs to made pretty quickly as I hear the nupps and bead work starts in clue #3.

I'm into the second clue and really enjoying the fiber and pattern.  There was a small hick-up on row 17 of clue #2, but thanks to knitting friend, Belva, she had figured out the error on the written part of the pattern and shared it with me! Seriously, you need to check out her mystery shawl...her color selection is both beautiful and just fabulous. 
 Check out my beads. 

OK...I seldom never share recipes, but I think this one is certainly worth the effort and is by far my all time favorite muffin. The Gardener and MIL love them equally. Credit and Thanks must be given to my sweet dear neighbor for sharing this healthy special treat.

Oatmeal Muffins

1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup sifted whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sifted white flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
l/2 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup buttermilk (low fat)
1/4 cup egg beaters
1/4 cup veg oil
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup brown sugar (Splenda)
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup craisins

Mix as follows:
Sift dry ingredients and add to eggs, brown sugar and shortening mixture THEN add buttermilk/oatmeal mixture.
(oatmeal/buttermilk mixture:  pour the 1 cup buttermilk over the oates and let stand 1 hour before adding the mixture)

Fill muffins cups 2/3 full
Bake at 400 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes
Makes one dozen

For any of you Weight Watchers, I checked the Power Points to be 5 points per muffin.

I snapped these pics right from the oven today!

No comments: