Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rainbow Striped Study Shawl

 A painless knit that was over too quick.
 Maybe I was just ready for some good old garter stitch or perhaps it was the joyful colors that kept my interest at a peak of excitement!  In any case, I am seriously happy with the entire process and knit.
 This pattern got my attention from the first time I saw it, but it was when I saw Larisa's that I knew one had to be mine. And why not???? I had stashed the Aade Long Artistic 8/1 fiber for a couple of years waiting for that special pattern.  Thanks Larisa for the inspiration!

 A few notes...
The pattern is original and clever using the wrap and turn techique to form the shawl into such a unique piece.
I knit 13 stripes of the bright and cheerful piece for a usable 36" x 75" shawl.
Yarn was carried up on the right side.
Color bleeding was a major concern of mine.  No worry....I used 1 cup distilled vinegar in my bath water (just swished the knit by hand - no soaking) and added another 1 cup distilled vinegar to the rinse water.  WoooHooo....NO BLEEDING!  My contrasting snow white fiber remained snow white!
 Now on to my next project that is my First Mystery Project ever!!  It's a knit along for "Through the Looking Glass Shawl" using a fingering weight fiber by The Unique Sheep. I just received my yarn and first part of the pattern last Thursday evening.  Oh and this will be my first project using beading...so excited..so pumped!  You know how I love to learn new techiques!

Be looking for my yarn selection soon.

9 comments:

Madam Butterfly said...

Well done! I like your color choices!

Denise said...

Looks amazing. You always look so good in the shawls you knit, makes me want to knit more ;-)

Bibi said...

very,very beautifull and wonderfullfor you!BRAVO!
over the rainbow...

Kristen said...

Your knits are always an inspiration but this one is *especially* gorgeous!!!

Andi said...

Gorgeous! Excellent color choices!

Kristen Rettig said...

I have this pattern and you have inspired me to get on with it! Your shawl is beautiful.

Clara said...

Once again, a beautiful project and it was a joy to watch you create this shawl. Shine on, girlfriend....

little macaroon. said...

WOW - just found your post by searching Google Images for aStripe Study Shawl to see how other people interpret the pattern - that's such a different take on the pattern and it works so incredibly well. SO effective. (and I thought the one I was working on was bright!)

http://littlemacaroon.blogspot.com

Jeanet said...

Love it!!