Sunday, January 22, 2012

let's do some catching up

One Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf just isn't enough.

My second one was started soon as the fiber could be purchased and even tho it isn't finished....I know this will be one of my favorite scarves. The elegant feel of the Koigu is already a given and the purples/corals/blue combination is totally scrumptious!! I can't take total credit for the color selections the real pro and shop owner of Yarn Paradise coordinated this beautiful combo. I chose my favorite skein and she took it from there.  
 My Bulky Blanket is ready for gifting to a small boy at The Lilly's Foundation Childhood Cancer Center at Brenner's Childrens Hospital.
The blanket has been blessed and hopefully will touch this child like a big hug of comfort when wrapped around his shoulders and body. It is my prayer this special blanket will feel like a shield of protection for this little boy and will fill a void during his difficult time.
Four skeins of Lion Brand Wool.Ease Thick made this a soft and extremely warm cuddly blanket finished with a crochet border knit with Lions Brand Vanna's Choice Solid (held doubled).
During my mission knitting I completed 5 BallBand Dishcloths!  What Fun! AND how addictive!  I simply couldn't stop.  These will be mated with some nice soap and perhaps a sweet goodie for some special friends and  family members.
I'm considering knitting up a couple of hand towels in cream/white/tan for our bathroom and of course would use Peaches & Cream again.

Hugs & Purls!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your dishclothes! They're so cheery looking with all the little blocks of color.

Marie said...

Love your little denim jacket with the fur, is that mink on the pockets and collar?