Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is the Birthday of an awesome woman that taught me everything.  She is and has always been my Best Friend and my Biggest Cheerleader!
 
Georgie is beautiful and had a real taste for style right from the start. Here is a picture of her at 6 years old (which she gave me a long time ago).  Mom says a guy would come to your house, take your picture and days later appear with the finished product framed and ready to hang.  She remembers sitting on The piano bench in the parlor dolled up in a dressy little silky blue dress with a huge blue ribbon in her hair and lots of long curls!
 
Told you she is Beautiful! 
 
 
Mom is a great teacher not just to me, but to The Twin, many cousins and more students in the public school system for 38 years than could be counted. She is a strong, independent, nourishing woman that has set the bar high for us graced with her presence these many years.

 
Mom has always been my expert and "Go To" Person! From her I learned to sew (even pleated drapery and suits), crochet, bake pies, whip up potato salad and make mac & cheese from scratch! 
 
While feeding me spiritually and emotionally she continues to give my heart peace - like no other.
 
Happy Birthday Mom!  
Love You. Mean It.  
 

4 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom - from me too!

Linda in VA

Mereknits said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, that picture is adorable. I have one very much like it of my Mom. Love all your knitting you are amazing.
Hugs,
Meredith

Tanna said...

I know your Mom deeply appreciates your love. =) She sounds like an amazing woman. blessings ~ tanna

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What a sweet post. Happy B-lated birthday to your Mom.

Blessings always