Saturday, August 17, 2013

What I really want to tell you.............


After 28 years working behind an office desk 8 to 5 - 5 days a week, I officially retired on April 30th!  The last 3 1/2 months I have been taking time to relax, recreate, reconnect with family, friends, my home, my kitchen, and enjoying knitting time more than ever!

With work obsessions responsibilities left behind, I find myself infatuated with new avenues like, The Pottery Barn, home organization ( I have purchased enough baskets and bins to stock a small shop- but OH how fabulous my cabinets, closets and drawers look), Pinterest, thrift shopping, cooking and canning.....yes lots and lots of green beans and tomatoes-I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful teacher-My Mom
 
Looking forward, you may even see a few of my favorite recipes posted soon.  Actually I whipped up a Delightful  Red Pepper Shrimp dish this week that The Gardener and MIL ranted and raved about (thanks go to  my cousin, Sharon). This is wonderful when served over your favorite pasta!
   (Look for the recipe posting soon)
 
Lastly pictures of one of my latest finished knit, The Vaudeville Shawl.  What a Fun & Funky piece that I Love, Adore and Worship!   


 
 





 
This was knit using #5 needles with 2 skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, color Wicked; 2 skeins of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, color Blushes; 2 skeins of Rowan Pure Wool 4 ply, color Shale and 2 skeins Rowan Pure Wool 4 ply, color Black.
 
Vaudeville was a rather pricey project, but my opinion...well worth it!  With quite a bit of yarn left over there may be an accompanying hat coming soon.
 
Hugs & Purls!
Dawn
 
 
 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Was so happy to see your posting at your blog!! Love your shawl! Love it!!
Congrats too on retiring. I did just that around 3 years ago - and I've loved every minute of it so far....

Linda in VA

Knitting Diva said...

Thank You Linda! Yes, retirement is simply The Greatest!

Catherine Baity said...

Oh sweet Dawn I am so happy that you are enjoying retirement. It makes me happy too that you are posting again. I love your blog. I also love, love, love your shawl (and you used one of your faves, Rowan kidsilk haze. Can't get enough of it can we. Hope to see or talk soon.

Catherine