Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce and some Knitting Action

Last week I promised to give you my Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce recipe, so here you go....

Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce

Drain 12 oz Roasted Peppers
8 oz cream cheese
2 cloves chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 teas red pepper flakes
1/4 cup fresh basil chopped

Process all of above then heat in skillet till very warm.

Add 2 pounds shrimp to above hot sauce and cook until no longer transparent.

Serve over pasta of your choice.

(I actually used 3/4 cup chicken broth)

We loved this dish and already look forward to whipping and eating it up again soon!

Now for some knitting news!  Someone (that would be me) has a finished project Blocking! This wrap, Marigold, is designed by Susanna IC and is yet another project knit with Blue Heron-Egyptian Mercerized Cotton.  I'm telling you I just can't get enough of this fiber; so much so, I have a skein of red and two skeins of grey in my yarn bar. 

More details on the wrap later, but for now......DRY Marigold DRY!! 

 
Believe this or not, my bestie and I have wandered away from wraps/shawls and started sweaters.  Bestie is knitting up COCO, a lovely lacey cardigan in this beautiful book and I elected to knit a textured pullover found in this special Knitscene issue.
 
Meet my Longboard Pullover designed by Amanda Bell.  What a fun and simple 4 row repeat pattern and the Rowan Panama (linen blend) fiber is fabulous in this Dot Stitch.

Well, I think that's it for today.  But, tomorrow is a Very Special Day so check in if you get a chance.

                       Hugs & Purls
                       Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This shrimp dish going on my menu soon! Thank you!