Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Nameless Free Styling Scarf

This is one of my very first knits (I had been knitting 2 months) and even with it's simplicity it remains one of my favorite scarves. There are times when a yarn speaks for itself and this Berroco Optik is one of those yarns. The scarf is light weight enough to wear with a sweater in the office and is a fabulous piece to brighten up my off white Down coat! I was in a LYS and the Happy Berroco Optik yarn really grabbed my attention! I loved the texture, the different shades of red and pink, the tiny amount of black with just the right mixture of metallic. This scarf actually has a glow about it!!Let's just call this is my "Nameless" project as I simply made it up to use the Optik yarn I purchased on a whim! I will share my Embarrassingly simple instructions (instructions used for lack of a better word) with you.

I used two skeins of Optik Berroco.
My scarf was knit using size #13 needles.
Cast on 18 stitches.
Knit, Knit, Knit to 50"/60" long. (Garter Stitch)
I cut fringe to 9" for both ends.

My sister-in-law loved mine and I made another one just for her (same color of course). What a fabulous quick gift!

No comments: