Sunday, December 28, 2008

a combination

.......of a lace-weight mohair yarn with a dk weight alpaca and merino blend creates a most touchable texture in this Lace Tipped Striped Scarf. I have completed the first half of the project and ready to start the second half and then join the halves together with the Kitchener stitch.
I'm so anxious to block this and see the lace work come alive!
This is a pattern from Closely Knit.There are actually several projects under my consideration in the book; like the cabled cardigan, I love the simplicity of the cabled cardigan with the soft ruffle that grace the hemline and cuffs. An added bonus is the handsome cable that climbs the center back of the sweater. This would be lovely in an alpaca and wool yarn...so "sheepy"!




Then there is this Rustic sweater vest, yes... so perfect for my DH (he loves vests). A tweedy wool in a dk weight yarn would be fabulous for the V-neck pullover. Looks like this piece is longing to be knit in a Rowan Felted Tweed.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That cabled cardigan is definitely your style. I bet that yarn would be a dream to work with!