Sunday, April 26, 2009

I just can't help it!

As you all know, for me there was one true reason to learn Entrelac and that was to knit Autumn and guess what........... I did it!
Autumn was knit in 19 days and believe me this isn't a small piece! I totally love the JoJoland Rhythm yarn. Early into the project I found myself picking and choosing the next ball of yarn for that perfect coordinating color...only to find myself totally frustrated; you see, no two balls have even a similar color run. I finally threw caution to the wind and pretty much closed my eyes and pulled a ball...any ball. What started out as total frustration ended in an extremely fun journey.Many knitters had spoken of the different methods (AND TRIALS) when attaching the Cobweb Frill. I chose to use the three needle bind off and am pleased enough with the end result. I did go up 2 needle sizes on the third needle, but still found myself with a rather tight bind off and as we all know, there isn't much give on this bind off process. Soaking and blocking immensely improved the finished results of the knit!

I just can't help it........

I love Autumn, I love The Cobweb Frill and I love Entrelac!

3 comments:

Yarnhog said...

That is just beautiful! Congratulations on a fantastic FO.

GoldenTracks said...

Oh! How Pretty!!!!
You've become quite the Entrelac Diva!

Valentina said...

It's worderful!! I'm without words...
Many compliments!!!
Valentina