Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Knitter's Desire

Sometimes a knitter desires a quick fix and that's where I found myself this week. With Lilith complete and good progress made on the Autumn Shawl, I felt this overpowering need for one or more of those quick fixes.

One such project is Susie's Reading Mitts by Janelle Masters. I had 3 skeins of Blue Sky Baby Alpaca remaining from this project and think these mitts are a perfect use for 1 1/2 skeins of such a soft yummy yarn. This will be project #7 using yarn from my stash this year! These mitts were started on Friday night and the first of the pair was completed on Saturday. The mitt was started using #5 needles, but after the first lace pattern, I decided the stitches were way too loose and open so the ripping began and the piece was started again using #4 needles...with much better results that time round!!!

My plan is to start the mate and work thru the first lace pattern and complete the project on my trip to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Show. Oh..I didn't tell I was going this year???? I'm going with a group from a LYS...hope to see some of you there!

In case you are wondering what the plans are for the remaining 1 1/2 skeins, I plan to knit a hat....perhaps this hat! Yes, another quick fix!

The second QF is the Two Row Scarf. This is a pattern designed by a knitting friend I met here
and is a wonderful pattern to use up some of that sock yarn ladies! My scarf is knit using Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome, color Moody Blues, using #3 & #6 needles. I'm loving the waffle look and the narrow width I chose for this scarf....it will be narrow and very long.



3 comments:

Pam said...

Love the mitts. I'll be anxious to see them in person!

Can't wait for Maryland!

Virtuous said...

OOh!! I have that exact same yarn too and have been sitting on it not sure what to make with it..thought I wanted to do fingerless mitts but the "right" ones. You sealed it for me! I have it qued now! :o)

Yours look great and will be perfect for your MS&W trip!! Have lots of fun!!

Valentina said...

Hi!
I'm an italian knitter from Milan.
Yours works are so beatifull!!!

Have a nice day!
Vale